(Traditional health recipe)
Panjeeri is a highly nutritious super delicious snack
500 gms Besan (chick pea flour)
500 gms Ghee
500 gms sugar or powdered sugar
300 gms Full Almonds
300 gms pine nuts
1/4 tsp ajwain seeds (caraway seeds)
1. Sieve Besan to get rid of lumps and impurities.
2. Wipe clean the almonds and pine nuts with a dry cloth.
3. Keep your sugar ready. In a deep and broad kadhi, melt the ghee.
4. Then add Besan and cook for 20 minutes on medium flame till you can smell the aroma all around the house. Just when its almost done then add almonds, pine nuts and ajwain seeds and roast along with besan till your besan becomes brown in colour.
5. Switch off the flame. Place the kadhi on the floor. Then drop in the sugar when its still hot. Spread sugar nicely. Then mix quickly till sugar is completely dissolved.
6. Store in a tight container.