Serve the sliced chicken with cilantro, tomatoes, and lemon, and pour the sauce over to your preference.
6 skin-on, boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast
2 cloves garlic, (minced)
1 inch piece of ginger, (minced)
1 scallion/pandan leave
2 tbsp chicken bouillon
½ teaspoon salt
10 oz rice (300 g)
1 ½ cups water (360 ml)
1 tablespoon scallion, (minced)
½ teaspoon garlic, (grated)
½ teaspoon ginger, (grated)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon miso
red chili flakes, sliced
1. Put washed rice, garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water in a rice cooker pot and mix well.
2. Add chicken thigh or breast meat to the pot skin-side down, and place the scallion/pandan leave over the chicken.
3. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice and chicken are cooked through.
4. For sauce, combine scallion, white sugar, sesame oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, miso, and red chili flakes. Mix well.
5. When the rice is ready, remove scallion and chicken. Stir the rice well to fluff it up and slice the chicken.
6. Press cooked rice into a bowl to make a dome shape. Then turn the bowl upside down onto the serving plate.
7. Serve the sliced chicken with cilantro, tomatoes, and lemon, and pour the sauce over to your preference.
Submit your review