- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract sliced almonds, for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Whisk together the flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolk and almond extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans, leaving about 3 inches between cookies. Flatten each cookie to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with sliced almonds.
- Bake, one pan at a time, 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned and the tops appear set.
- Cool on the pans for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.