- ¾ cup orzo pasta
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo pasta, and cook until cooked 6 to 7 minutes; drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and season with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until the mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter, corn, peas, parsley, and cooked orzo pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.