- 6 ½ cups water
- 2 ½ cups yellow lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fat-free yogurt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
How to Make It
1. Combine water, lentils, onion, and olive oil in a rice cooker. Seal and select setting according to manufacturer’s instructions; cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Pour chickpeas, tomato paste, yogurt, curry paste, turmeric, cumin, and chilly powder into the lentil mixture. Mix thoroughly. Cook until softened and flavors meld, about 15 minutes.