- 2 Cups Maida / All-purpose Flour / Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Rava / Semolina
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda / Cooking Soda
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Cup Curd / Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Maida / All-purpose Flour / Plain Flour (for dusting)
- Oil (for frying)
- BHATURA DOUGH RECIPE: Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida. To that add rava, sugar and salt. Add baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Furthermore, add oil and rub with the flour. Also add curd and start to knead dough. Knead and punch the dough well for atleast 5 minutes. Further, grease the dough with oil.
- Cover with moist cloth and rest for at least 2 hours. Further, roll and get to a long shape. Pinch the dough into medium sized balls. Then make balls between your palms. Finally, roll the dough evenly into circles using rolling pin. roll neither too thin nor thick.
- FRYING BHATURA - Firstly, heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai. When the oil is sufficiently hot, add one bhatura. And, press with the spoon to puff up.
- Also once they begin to puff, splash oil over the bhatura till they puff completely. Flip over and fry the bhatura till golden brown all over.
- Then drain the bhatura into tissue paper to remove excess oil. Fry all bhatura same way. Finally, serve bhatura with chana chola curry.