- 3 Fresh Mud Crabs (about 1 lb each)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (very finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves
- 4 tablespoons Black pepper (ground coarsely)
- 10 Red or Green Bird's-Eye Chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Black Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- Clean the crabs and cut in half, discarding the spongy "dead man's fingers." Smash the claws with a cleaver to allow the seasonings in. Seam the crab until half-cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok, melt butter and put in shallots,garlic, black pepper, curry leaves and chilies. Saute till fragrant, then add crab and the remaining ingredients. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the crab is done.
- Serve with buttered buns/ mantou buns/ or bombay french bread
- 4 Adults