This dish can be served with biryani or pullao but it is equally good with any fried whole fish.
- 2 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp White Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbsp Whole Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Dessicated or Shreded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Pulp
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Dried Chillies
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, Halved
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Finely Sliced
- 1.5 Cup Tomato Juice
- Heat a frying pan (skillet) and dry fry the poppy, sesame n coriander seeds for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the desiccated (shredded) coconut and dry fry until it browns. Cool and grind the ingredients together using a pestle and mortar or a food processor.
- Take a little of the tomato juice and mix with the gram flour (besan) to a smooth paste.
- Add the ginger, chili powder, salt, sugar n ground spices.
- Add the remaining tomato juice n simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Add the hard-boiled eggs and cover with the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the remaining ingredients until the chilies turn dark brown.
- Pour the spices and oil over the egg curry. Fold the ingredients together and reheat. Serve hot:)