FROM MY COOKING BLOG,PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED BY SWATI AGGRAWAL
- 1 KG Red Carrots
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 750 ml Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar (or as per your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Roasted Cashew Nuts
- Dry Fruits (of your choice)
- Take 1 Kg RED carrots and grate all the carrots after washing them and peeling their skin.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee. When it becomes warm, add the grated carrots. Simmer the flame completely and sauté till the raw smell of the carrots would be completely gone.
- Now add about 750 ml milk to the cooked carrots and let the carrots cook in the milk till the entire mixture almost becomes dry. Keep mixing in between to avoid the carrots sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add 1-1.5 cup (adjust the sweetness according to sweetness of carrots) sugar and mix well. Once you add the sugar, the entire mixture would once again loose its consistency. Again keep cooking till the entire mixture becomes thick.
- When the halwa becomes dry, add 2-3 tbsp ghee, cardamom powder, roasted cashew nuts and mix well.
- Cook for 5 more mins while mixing continuously and garnish with dry fruits of your choice.