Indonesian/Malay dish prepared by Yullie
- 500 Gram Chicken Thighs
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass
- 1/2 tablespoon Belacan
- 6 Shallots
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 12 Red Chillies
- 2 Lime Leaves
Cut and Deep-fry Chicken
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto the chicken cuts, and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Prepare wok with oil on medium heat, and deep fry the chicken pieces until golden brown, for about 2 minutes.
Blend chili paste for sambal balado
- In a blender, add shallots, chili, garlic and lime leaves. Blend into a paste and set aside.
Saute chili paste to prepare sambal balado
- Pour oil in a wok and sauté onions for a few minutes. Add in lemongrass.
- Add in blended chili paste and stir till the mixture gives off aromatic smell.
Stir-fry chicken in sambal
- After sautéing about 3 minutes, add in the fried chicken and diced tomatoes.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste. Serve with rice and other curry dishes.