- 8 Chicken Thighs (or 1 full chicken - cut into 12 pcs extra fat removed)
- 8 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Large Onions (minced)
- 3 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoon Lemongrass (minced)
- 2 Bird Eye Red Chilies (thinly sliced)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (or vegetable stock, or water)
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass (bottom part only - smashed with knife)
- 1 Large Tomato (diced)
- 2 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- The Zest & Juice of One Lime
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of a crockpot. Add the garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chilies, coconut milk, stock, and tomatoes and stalks of lemon grass to the crockpot. Cook on low for 1 hours or high for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime zest and juice to the crockpot. Stir everything to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Served over cooked rice, and or garlic-sautéed greens.
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 20 min
- 10 Adults