By my sister Harjit
- 1 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Cup Shredded Coconut (only white)
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 8-10 Drops Food Coloring (Choices of red,green or milo/cocoa powders)
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan on low heat. Add coconut, sugar, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and food coloring. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and coconut clumps together, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to prepared container. Level the surface with a spatula. Press down firmly with wax paper or plastic wrap. Set candy aside to cool.
- After about 30 minutes, cut into cubes with a well greased knife. Allow candy to cool and set overnight.
- Remove cubes from pan and store in an air-tight jar.
- Can be stored outside for 5 days. After that refrigerate.