- 1 Cup Green Gram Lentils (Green Moong Dal)
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Handful Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Black Salt (as required)
- Wash and soak moong dal overnight and grind to a fine paste by adding very little water. The batter should be thick enough to make the vada.
- Beat the batter very well till light and fluffy. Add green chilies and ginger in it and mix well. Add in the cumin seeds. Make small balls with it and shape in the form of tikkis.
- Put a kadhai over a high flame and heat oil in it. Meanwhile, flatten the top of the ball with wet fingers and drop slowly into the hot oil. Deep fry on medium heat for some time and then fry on low heat till golden brown.
- Remove these deep-fried vadas into a plate with a kitchen towel. Finish making vadas with the rest of the remaining batter and put them in water as you did for the earlier batch. Now, take a bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare curd or use a tub of greek yogurt.
- Now, gently press the soaked vadas between your palms and squeeze out the water and lightly crush them.
- Place them in a plate and add yogurt (curd) over them. Add some tamarind chutney over them and garnish with black salt, roasted cumin seeds and coriander leaves.