- 250 grams Washed & dried, chopped chicken
- 5 Soaked Cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Large Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 1/2 Powdered Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Yoghurt (curd)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Turmeric
- To make this delicious Dhaba-style Spicy Chicken recipe, take a glass bowl and add the chopped chicken pieces in it. Marinate the chicken in curd, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Mix all these ingredients together using your hands. The longer the marination, the better is the taste.
- Prepare The Cashew Paste And Make Tomato-Onion Puree.
- Now, add soaked cashews and some milk in a grinder. Make a paste of these two ingredients and keep it aside for further use. Then, take a deep saucepan and add oil in it. Heat it over moderate flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add in the chopped onions and saute till they turn slightly pinkish brown in color. Add the ginger-garlic paste in the pan and continue cooking on medium flame. Then add coriander powder, black pepper powder and cumin powder. Give it a nice stir. After few seconds, add chopped tomatoes and let it cook for few more minutes.
- Add The Marinated Chicken In It And Cook For 5-6 Minutes.
- Once the oil starts to separate, turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool. Afterwards, grind the ingredients and keep aside till further use. Now, in the same deep saucepan, add in the remaining oil and add the curry leaves, let them temper for a few seconds. Next, add the marinated chicken pieces. Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Cook The Chicken With Cashew Paste.
- Add in the ground spices along with the cashew paste. Stir well and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes. Then add in the blended gravy. If you feel that the gravy is too thick, then add water as per the gravy requirement. Cook covered till the chicken pieces are tender and add salt.
- Once it's done, transfer the Dhaba-style Spicy Chicken in a serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves, parsley and lemon wedges. Pair this scrumptious North Indian recipe with butter naan or tandoori roti and enjoy with family and friends.