- 10 Eggs (hard-boiled)
- 1 Large Onion (diced julliene)
- 3 tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 3 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 6 tablespoon Chilli Paste (Boil 4 red dried chilly and 4 fresh red chilly)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Assam Keping (or 4 tbsp tamarind juice)
- Shell hard-boiled eggs and soak in slightly salted water for 20 minutes. Dry eggs on a tray.
- Deep-fry the eggs in hot oil until light brown and slightly blistered. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove oil from pan. In the same pan, fry the chilli paste over low heat until oil separates.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and fry them through and pour over eggs. Serve with hot rice, coconut rice.