- 1 Cup Ikan Bilis (Anchovies) (soaked in hot water)
- 4 Large Onions (diced lengthwise)
- 4 Pips Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/2 Inch Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 Large Tomato (cut into 4 pieces)
- 8 Dried Red Chillies (grinded)
- 4 Fresh red chillies (grinded)
- 1 Lemon Juice (or tamarind juice can be added)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dark Sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil both the chillies in hot water and drain them in cold water and grind them.
- Fry the onions garlic and ginger in some oil.
- Until fragrant and add in the tomato and lemon or tamarind juice and stir.
- Add in the blended chillies and cook for 15 minutes till the mixture is fully cooked.
- Add in the anchovies with the water it was soaked and fry for 25 minutes till it is cooked.
- Serve as a side dish with coconut rice, omelette, and cucumber.