Please note this recipe was handed down by my mum. Keep it dry if u are having it with Rasam. Eat with rice or hot rotis.
- 12 Pieces Whole Chicken (cut into 12 pieces)
- 4 Table spoon Cumin (4 tbsp full to be dry grinded (no water))
- 12 Dry red chillies
- 5 Fresh red chillies (grinded, option 2 cut down on chillies if u cant eat spicy)
- 5 Garlic Pieces (grinded)
- 2 Inch Ginger (grinded)
- 4 Medium Size Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Large riped tomato (cut into 4 pieces)
- Salt (to taste)
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves (to Garnish)
- Add the ginger and garlic paste.
- Fry them till fragrant and add the grinded cumin.
- Stir well adding water if necessary.
- Add in chilli paste and salt.
- Make sure the mixture is cooked on med heat till u see oil on the surface and can smell the fragrance in your kitchen 🙂
- When done, add chicken and water so that the dish is cooked with sufficient water.
- Keep it on high heat and let it simmer later on slow heat.
- Keep it dry if u are having it with rasam. Eat with rice or hot rotis.