- 2 Cups Basmati Rice (wash and drained well)
- 1/2 teaspoon Full Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Butter (to fry)
- Wash and drain rice. Measure with same cup which was used to measure rice and fill up rice cooker with 2.5 cups of water. Do not on the switch of the cooker as yet to cook.
- In a pan, heat up 2 tbsp butter or ghee.
- Add in the cumin seeds,on low heat and wait for the crackling sound and off the heat. Add in some salt and pour this mixture into the rice cooker.
- When cooked, stir gently with a pair of chopsticks and serve with any curries of your choice.