- 1.5 KG Fresh yellow egg noodles (blanched)
- 200 grams Fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoon Veg oil
- 600 grams Dried prawns
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (nuts roasted then crushed fine)
- 2 teaspoon Meat curry powder
- 1 stalk Lemon grass (bruised)
- 2 liters Water
- 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
MEE REBUS PASTE
- 5 Red shallots
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 inch Fresh root ginger
- 1 inch Galangal
- 16 cloves Fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoon Baby dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoon Fermented soy bean paste
- 250 grams Tofu (extra firm, 1 cm cubes and fried)
- 8 Hard Boiled Eggs (halved)
- 1/4 cup Fresh spring onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Crisp fried shallots
- 8 Calamansi limes (halved)
- 4 Long green chillies (finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander
- Blanch yellow noodles,then bean sprouts and set aside.
- Roast the peanuts. Let it cool and then crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Cube the tofu and fry in oil till golden brown,drain and set aside.
- Hard boil the eggs, cool, shell and halve them.
- Place all the Mee Rebus ingredients and 1/2 cup water to blender. Blend until you have a fine paste.
- Heat the veg oil in a heavy saucepan or wok. Once the oil is hot add the mee rebus paste and the bruised lemon grass. Fry the ingredients for 5 mins, thoroughly cooked and fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 10 minutes or more.
- Add the dried prawns and cook further 5 mins.
- Add crushed peanuts and palm sugar. Add more water if the sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place balanced noodles and bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Pour some gravy over the noodles and sprouts.
- Garnish with green chillies, fried tofu, fried crispy shallots, sliced spring onion and coriander.
- Top with boiled egg halves and calamansi lime halves.
- Eat it while hot and enjoy.
- Preparation: 25 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 1 h 20 min