- 600 Grams French Beans (String Beans) (cleaned and cut side ways so that the seeds can be seen)
- 2 Medium Size Carrots (sliced thinly)
- 1 Medium Size Onion (julliened)
- 2 Pips Garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 Fresh Red Chilli (chopped finely)
- 1/2 Tomato (chopped roughly)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat up a kwali on medium heat and add oil. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add tomato and chillies. Saute about 10 minutes with some added water.
- Add in the sesame oil and turmeric powder and stir. Add in the thinly sliced carrots and add water. Cook for 15 mins and add in the french beans.
- Saute mixing the ingredients on medium heat for 10 mins.
- Add water and cover it for 15 minutes on low heat
- Serve as a side dish with dhalls or meat curries.