The bones with bits of meat clinging here and there are drenched in a spicy thick curry with plenty of bite in the texture.
- 12 Pieces Mutton Bones
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Shallot Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 2 Star Anise
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 teaspoon Plain Chili Powder (mix with some water for a thick paste)
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 3 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 Sprigs Coriander leaves (shredded)
- 2 Medium Potatoes (cut into medium size pieces)
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pressure cooked the bones with enough water. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat oil and when heated, saute the spices.
- Add chili paste and continue to stir until oil splits.
- Add in bones, potatoes, curry leaves and salt.
- For more gravy, pour in the needed amount of water.
- Stir and continue to cook.
- When potatoes are tender, gently stir in yogurt and coriander leaves.
- Once done, remove from heat.
- Serve with french bread or hot white rice.