- 4 Medium Onions (peeled, and chopped roughly)
- 4 Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2-6 Red Birds Eyes chillies (grinded)
- 1 tablespoon Belachan (fermented shrimp paste) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 500 Grams Raw, peeled Prawns (shrimp)
- 3 tablespoon Tamarind Concentrate
- 2 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- Grind onions, garlic, and ginger. Grind chilli until finely grinded. Use 2 chillies for a mild-medium curry, 4 for a hot curry and 5 for an extra hot curry.
- Heat up a wok until smoking and then add oil. Heat for a few seconds until it starts to shimmer then add grinded mixture and chilly paste.
- Fry over a medium heat for a few minutes, stirring all the time, until fragrant and starting to ‘split’.
- Add water n light sauce,salt and tamarind juice and fry for another 2 minutes, stirring briskly, and then add the prawns and ⅓ cup water.
- Stir to combine, coating the prawns with the mixture.When prawns are pink,off the heat
- Serve with steamed rice and fried vegetables.