- Tamarind (medium gooseberry size)
- 1 Large Ripe Tomato (diced into 4)
- 2 tablespoons Rasam Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Rai / Mustard seeds
- 4 Pips Garlic (crush it whole)
- 1 Medium Size Onion (julliened)
- 2 Dry red chillies (cut in halves)
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi seeds
- Pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Heat a pot with cooking oil. Put in some curry leaves with Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds, dry red chilli. Saute on low heat.
- Add in onion n garlic and stir. Water can be added now.
- Add in tomato, rasam powder, salt, pepper and hing.
- Add in tamarind juice and 1 cup water and allow it to boil.
- Add in coriander leaves and off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice, meat and veg dishes.