- 4 Tenggiri Fish ((or any fish you desire) Spanish Mackerel is used here.)
- 4 Medium Onions (cut julliene)
- 4 Pips Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 Inch Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1/4 Cup Tamarind Juice
- 6 Dried Chillies (soaked in hot water and grinded)
- 4 Fresh red chillies (soaked in hot water and grinded)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Marinate the fish with salt and pepper.
- Fry in hot oil and keep aside.
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger till slightly brown.
- Add in the grinded chillies and tamarind juice. Add water. Keep frying the ingredients, adding the grinded chillies. Add salt to taste and make sure the mixture is cooked for 20 minutes.
- Add in the fish pieces one by one, coating all with the cooked ingredients. Serve with hot rice and other dishes to suit your pallet.