My sisters’ recipe – We used to make this in time for Diwali in our MAA’s house
- 20 Shallots (blended finely)
- 8 Pips Garlic (blended finely)
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
- 80 Grams Chilli Paste
- 2 tablespoon Rai / Mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 100 ml Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 Red Chilies (seeded and cut into 2)
- 3 Green chillies (seeded n cut into 2)
- 200 Grams Dried Mix Fruit
- 10 Whole Shallots (peeled)
- 10 Pips Garlic (cut into halves)
- 100 Grams Young Ginger (cut into strips)
- 15 Bird Eye Chillies (can be red or green)
- 1 Large Cucumber (remove seeds)
- 1-2 Medium Size Carrots
- 1-2 Medium Size Radish
- Heat up oil in wok, saute/fry blended shallots, garlic and mustard seeds for 3 mins.
- Add in chilli paste, curry powder and turmeric powder, stir well.
- Add in salt to taste, brown sugar and vinegar and continue to fry for another 5 mins or so.
- Lastly add in the orange juice and stir well. Leave it to cool.
- Mix pickle sauce with Vegetables and Juliened Ingredients. Stir evenly and chill in fridge before serving. *Please note that it may taste a bit raw but after a few days in the fridge it will blend nicely and the taste will be more nicer.